Non Accredited Education Applicant
10. How do I know if my prior learning will be assessed fairly?
The Objectives of the PLAR process are:
- Accessibility – All applicants will have reasonable access to PLAR
- Fairness – PLAR procedures and practices are clear, consistent, objective, timely and equitable to all applicants
- Consistency – Procedures, practices and fees for similar cases are consistent.
- Transparency – PLAR procedures and processes are readily available, comprehensive and clear
- Accountability – The College of Opticians of Ontario is responsible for maintaining high quality and integrity of PLAR practices. An appeal process is available for all PLAR decisions.