Non Accredited Education Applicant
3. What are the steps?
The applicant should first contact the College (Registration Department) and request an application package for PLAR. All relevant documents must be submitted along with the application. PLAR consists of the following steps:
- Application is submitted to the Registration Committee.
- The Registration Committee conducts a preliminary assessment of the application (includes review of transcripts of formal education and course curriculum, examination(s), verification of professional experience, letters of registration or licensure (good standing), WES report, proof of language proficiency, resume of work experience, letters of personal reference and professional competence etc).
- The Registration Committee directs the applicant to complete an assessment (theoretical, practical and an in-person interview).
- The Registration Committee assesses all of the information obtained and issues a decision. The decision may include the following:
- Successfully complete any bridging or upgrading as deemed necessary by the Registration Committee; and / or
- Successfully challenge the National Eyeglass and/or Contact Lens Examination
- Registration as an optician